Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dripping

Oh for Pete's sake! I was satisfied with my posting on Friday night, but now it seems to drip with self pity. I've been doing very well since then. I suppose a lot of it is psychological. Sorry about that.

I haven't been to the computer since Friday. On Saturday it rained most of the day so Bob and I decided to go to a couple of stores, Best Buy and Borders. At Best Buy we ended up with a fist full of movies and at Borders I bought a lovely thesaurus. It's huge, and I had a coupon and Borders Cash. That evening we went to the show with our 22 year old son Andy. He's great fun. We saw The Hang Over and laugh throughout the film. Once we were arrived we found our seats. I got up to visit the ladies room and suddenly realized that Andy was right behind me breathing down my neck. I can't walk fast and he was pretending to be impatient. There is a scene, in a Mr. Bean short, where Bean is stuck behind an old lady going slowly down the stairs. As a family we often mimic films, and that's a favorite. Andy finally rushed past me and looked back with a grin. He makes me laugh. When I was first having difficulties Andy would spoof me trying to kick up my heals. I would laugh until my eyes ran, but he won't do it anymore. He says it's not funny. I think it's more than that.

Once home we watched another film. Yes, another. We, rather Andrew and I, love movies. Bob does too but not to the same extent. Anyways we say The international with Clive Owens.
Afterwards Andrew ended up in my walker trying to make it work as a wheel chair. Of course it was very difficult and it wouldn't turn. I don't know which was funnier, the attempt at manipulating the walker or the tall lanky young adult in it. In any case it's fun to laugh as a family. Marie came home a bit later and watched what was left of SNL with us. It was absolutely delightful have all four of us in the living room at the same time, having a good time. We were all talking and laughing and nice to each other. Now that was a good time.

Today it's around 90 and jungle humid. I spent a few hours pulling weeds. Wholly crap! I was dripping wet. (better than with pity) I had my wheeled walker loaded with what I needed and headed out back. I was able to stay in the shade some of the time but when it's humid it doesn't matter much.

Now if I had MS, which they first told me I had, I couldn't have gone outside. The heat is bad for MS, but it doesn't matter to me. My legs are now tired from all the ups and downs of gardening but other wise I feel like I did my best. After all who can do much when it's so hot. As I speak Bob is preparing to go for a bike ride. No, I'm not jealous that he can, I just think he's crazy for doing it. He was out trimming trees and stuff earlier. I don't even want to sit on the porch and read!

5:11 p.m.

1 comment:

  1. Reading this entry, I can't help but think, you kids were great fun early on, miserable for many years, and are now turning fun again. Is it the circle of family life? Aud

    ReplyDelete