Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Birthday Celebration with Members

Last night I was invited to join a group of people from the club, which is what Bob and I call AA. Actually the term club comes from calling it the auto club, even though it's AA and not AAA. Any ways, I was to met a bunch of people at a restaurant/bar that I had never been to before. I had called earlier to see if it was open because some of us didn't' have power. I found that they were open, but I didn't ask where at the intersection they were located. Big dumby!

I headed out to be there at 6:00. Since I'm not a working girl, (ya, I said that on purpose), I forget how busy the major roads get at rush hour. Crap! Well, I drove along 59 and figured I'd find it and get to it as best I could. Sure enough it appeared on the opposite side of the street. That wasn't as bad as all the traffic I had to work with in order to get to the far left to find a turn around. Not just any turn around, a turn around with a traffic light. So a half mile later I turned around and got where I wanted to be.

It was a nice place and I was familiar with about half the people there. The birthday lady included. It was so nice to hear people say that they were so glad I came. Well, I want to get acquainted with people outside of meetings too, were it's not serious. It was also really nice to be around about a dozen people just drinking coke and iced tea. I had a small salad and then came the cake. Wow!

So that was no big deal, but it just felt good, I felt good. The people I hadn't met before were nice and just like the meetings we all shook hands or hugged while leaving. Actually I'll see a few to night at club, including the birthday lady. She's fun and a bit tacky, just like me. I'm sure I have a card for her somewhere. Better late than never.

3:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment