Thursday, August 13, 2009

AA and me

There have been many times when I wished that something could help me, regarding my legs, as AA helps me. AA helps me spiritually and in many other ways too. It's the people mostly and all the sharing, to know that I'm not alone.

Tonight I went to my usual Thursday night meeting. This month I'm opening the meetings. I like doing that, getting up in front of everyone and saying what is to be said and sometimes joking a bit. (who me?) Part of the opening is to ask if there are any anniversaries tonight. When no one spoke up, I said that I have one, but it's marriage and doesn't count. I was asked how long and told them 26 years. I received a good round of applause. (Long marriages are not common with alcoholics)

I have found that this blog, no matter who sees it, and my essays, are a great help to me while dealing with the spastic paraplegia. It's a hobby that takes my mind to different places. It also helps with the alcohol too. You need a distraction, something that pulls at you.

9:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment