Friday, August 7, 2009

A.A.

July 31, 2009 by pam

In a few I’m heading out to a meeting. I don’t feel like I need one but don’t wish get that feeling. I go three times a week and when I go I feel renewed and strong. It’s the people and the spilling of the guts. I’ve made a few friends and it’s another way to connect with people with something in common. It’s not a great thing to have in common, but the problem is understood at AA. We can speak more freely than we can at home or with some friends. We’ve all been up Shit’s Creek at least now we have a paddle. I probably will just listen tonight. I usually speak but I don’t have anything new to say and sometimes the tables get pretty crowded and it’s nice to keep it short. Once home I’ll drink tea and disappear into a book or a movie if my husband is willing. It was hard at first but now I feel in control and physically well. My husband’s pride is another benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment