Monday, November 16, 2009

Thank goodness for t.v. in resturants

I know it's been a long time since I've blogged but, when Autumn hits life get busy for me.

My husband had the day off today, so after I came home from the gym we headed out to lunch. We went to a place we hadn't visited before. I notice a few large flat t.v. screens but focused on choosing lunch. I was starved. Lunch was served and as I ate I noticed that Bob was watching something rather closely. I asked about it and he said, "It's a shuttle launch." I spun around and watched. Noticing the count down I turned around ready to say "What the Hell is wrong with you???? Why didn't you tell me! I haven't seen a launch in years!" Actually I said, "Wow, this is great." I remained turned toward the screen while it safely BLASTED off and then watched the solid rocket boosters detached. I ate a bit and then turned, waited and watched the external tank detach. I don't remember at what time period it rotated, but that was SO COOL.

I was leaning out of our booth with my hand up to my chest saying things like, there they go, wow that's so cool, and other nerdy things. At one point Bob told me to eat my lunch, or something like that. I continued to watch.

We had a really nice lunch together and enjoyed each others company, but I have to tell you watching the launch was as good as desert.

My cousin works at NASA and I just finished writing her an enthusiastic email.


OH! The Leonid show is coming up in a couple nights. Hope the skies are clear.





I'm a nerd and proud of it. Tonight The Big Bang is on.

8:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment