Monday, October 19, 2009

Trying To Skip Housework


Sunday I was going to do a bit of writing. I have a story that I'm working on. It will most likely always be a story that I'm working on. I like essays because character and story development boggle the mind. However I ended up sweeping the hard floors, vacuuming the house, dusting, cleaning the bathrooms, pulling out a bit of garden, ironing six shirts, and then I finished my Halloween cards. I went to bed early and didn't even read. In other words, I didn't write. (However I must admit that ironing to a fun movie is not so bad.)











I attend a writers' group each week on Wednesday. Sometime on Monday, usually in the evening, we receive two words to work with, if we choose. I have a hard time coming up with something worth while in that time frame. I've used the words in short stories, but by the time I write, read, correct, reread and correct again, I'm late for the meeting and have a slapdash piece of work to show for it. Lately I've taken to working on the story afterwards and then sending it out to interested parties. That's been fun, especially this time of year because I made them Halloween stories.

Well, today is Monday and I expect the words any time between now and 9:00, however at 9:00 I'll be watching Two and a Half Men. A few times I've complained about the time frame and getting things done. Once a member said, oh Pam, forget the house work and just write. I have a hard time with that. I can't work when I have things hanging over my head. So as on that Sunday writing doesn't often happen if I'm behind, yet with house work there's always something to be done.

My house is by no means spotless, but what I'm able to do wears me out and when I'm tired I tend to sit and stare at the screen. So reading is a better option when tired.



8:45 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment